Thursday 17 September 2009

Eh, moving out

On the run up to moving out there was a feeling that I had. It was one of not being at home as much as usual. It wasn't extreme, like missing evry meal, but gonig for walks, getting the daily paper etc.

THen came packing my bags. Deciding what I need. Preparing for the unknown. I hadn't a clue what to bring so I packed the basics. Clothes, toiletries, bed sheets and earrai of the sorts. Needless to say we were still short stuff when we got there. Various foods and electrical equipment. BUT who says that student accomodation is a hotel? Purchased a few extra bits and pieces. And bob is my uncle...

The uneasy feeling of not knowing who your flatmates are was an uneasy feeling alright. Especiall when they turn up a few hours after you've unpacked!!! But all was ironed out after a few days and it isn't as hard as it previously seemed. The apticipation was what was the worst bit, the waiting around always is!!!

But so far things are fine. no complaints. We are all still getting used to living away from home. Getting our own food and catering for ourselves. Some people may have depended on Mammy too much to get dinner every day consistantly...

I'm just dipping the tips of my toes into the real world...