Saturday 8 May 2010

Eh, as many puddles as possible

In recent times I have tried things which others may think strangely of me. Now I don't care what they think as long as they don't change how they act towards me in a negative manner. Anyway...

I have been told that to find out the type of person you want to be with you ought to try as many different types as you can. This makes sense to me. How can someone say they don't like something if they have never tried it? This seems important to me now as I progress on in life.

Coming from the movie 'Yes, Man' I see the point of the story. Blocking new experiences by refusing them, by saying no, by avoiding them. I've learned lessons and gained experiences from accepting challenges and requests.

Only thing I would say about saying yes to everything, is being smart about saying smart to things. If you think it'll cause you harm, damage, injury or heartbreak then don't do it.

Now, I've dipped my toe in a puddle recently. It was deeper than I had thought, but it was a new experience. I don't regret it. Why should I? But the point is, I've tried that puddle, now I know that I don't want to put my foot in it. And this person adn I have agreed the depth we are going to go. Which is fine, it saves us stress and worry about the awkwardness between us! And now, after some dirty dancing a little friendship has started splurting its roots...